Welcome to Humanity's Community!
Submit ideas for Humanity’s new features and vote for your favorites.
It seems that when I put in PTO days on the schedule they do not show up on the confirmed payroll. If I add the PTO as a position; so my secretary can process their pay, it ups the hours of overtime. This should not be the case. I would like to put the employee PTO days on the schedule, in as hours (so secretary can process correct pay for employees) and have the overtime hours stay correct.
Can you please make a PTO position not linked to actual hours OR let me know how to run the proper report so that we can get the hours worked and the PTO pay correct.
Milk Made Dairy
I would like to request a feature for the availability module. When staff enter their availability, we often ask for it in several month chunks at a time.
For example, staff should set their availability for August 21-December 31 and the due date is August 5th 11:59p.
I wish there was a way to “assign” availability in this manner, without allowing staff to edit their availability on days that are already published (before August 20th in this case).
the previous version of the shift planner was able to drag and copy future shifts in the calendar view, not just in the employee or position view. The new shift planner is unable to perform this function which I find to be an extremely useful feature. It allows shift planning to be done in a more concise and overarching view of your schedule as a whole. I do hope this can be integrated into the new version soon or at least before the old version is removed.
Hi All, A few brief comments on the new ShiftPlanning. I tried to do this in feedback but it limited the text amount.
Comparing the position view, 4 weeks, all locations / positions to the classic ShiftPlanning Overview.
1. In overview mode the new shiftplanning takes up way more space and gives less information. Here are several examples:
2. You can no longer see the times for the shift. Only by switching to a shorter time period (i.e. going from the 4 week view to the 2 week view) can you now see the times. Instead you see elipses. It looks like the boxes are larger with similar font size, but less info is given. Hovering over it does not show you more information either. Recommend making sure you can see the start / end times similar to to classic ShiftPlanning.
3. Same for the names - The employee names are shortened to 3 letters. Instead of cutting off the name by the end of the cell, the name only has 3 letters and ... "Kristen" becomes "Kri..." in the same space. Recommendation: cut off the name / do not use elipses. Look at the classic view and ask - does this new view remove information? If it does, it may be a hurdle to overcome.
4. There is less information on the vertical view as well - it requires more scrolling to see all the positions. Compare to the same setting in classic shiftplanning where I can see 9.5 rows (positions). In the new one I can see 7 with what looks to be the same setting.
5. Visually there is a lot of white space. Consider having more clear delineations for weeks, etc. White space can make it harder to see patterns / overview. On an individual basis it helps, but if it costs you data it may actually be a drawback.
6. It takes more mousing to get what you want. The placement of the choices for the week / position view are nice. In removing the one-click buttons and using a triangle with a drop dow list, the user now must click, mouse and select. This almost triples the user input work to make your selections. Recommend: Make it easier / less movement needed for your user - buttons. Mousing maps might help.
7. The little note pad shows up on every day on the date. This makes it look like I put a note on every day. Recommend having this only show up if there is a note placed for that day and maybe use a smaller symbol for the user to click to do the 'note adding.'
8. I tried to leave feedback on the drop down, but it cut off. Don't limit text as you might miss something valuable.
9. Some shifts in this view have a little arrow circle. I am not sure what that means.
In the individual shift view (when you are editing a shift): at first glance - way too many clicks to expand views.
- Can the user set theirs to default to expanded? I could not figure it out. For the ones I tests, I had to expand the "see all # employees," plus expand the triangle lists for who was on vacation, overlapping, unavailable.
Very brief overview. Hope that helps.