Giorgi TvauriStaffVoting in Progress
Return Old Availability ModulePosted on August 29, 2020. 5 Comments
New availability sucks! Sorry about the word but it really does and let me explain why. From the manager perspective adjusting an employee availability has become a nightmare:
1) In the old module, we could adjust employee availability in 2 seconds from the employee profile, now in the new module, it takes me 3,4,5 minutes depending on the situation. Plus I have to go to the different Tab for availability change, search again for an employee and manually, day by day enter the new times.
2) In the old module, entering availability was very easy, you could just highlight in Red/Green (or Black White) the desired time slots and approved. This View was easy and quick. In the new module you have to select times, the worst is that you cannot even TYPE/Enter the time, you have to scroll and select. This also takes more time.
3) When I want to adjust employee availability, If I enter the new time frame, the old one is still there. I have to manually delete the old times day by day. there is no option to delete it in bulk, in a weekly setting.. . (e.g there is no option to delete the entire week: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat simultaneously, you have to go day by day…..)
4) You cannot enter permanent availability, it is restricted with 1 year length and the worst is that you still cannot just TYPE the date, you have to click 12 times to go to the latest month available.....
5) You have to approve availability Week by Week, Are you serious? I have 600 employees, how can you imagine reviewing all 600 employees' availability every week to approve it? Especially when you do not have the visibility like in old module, now you have to actually read times….
6) Reports: Generating a report is a nightmare.
- You cannot select "All Locations/Programs".
- You have to select 3 different filters to finally export the file.
- And it takes forever to do so (sending an email notification? Are you in the 1990s? )
- And you have a Bug there, EID and ID numbers are mixed up, if you select EID, it generates ID and vice versa.
Also, if there is an approved day off request (from the leave option), the report does not pick that up. It still shows the old availability time frame and day off request together. We do not use Humanity scheduling features, we import excel files, so we rely on the availability reports, and when the report is wrong, our schedules are also wrong.
Please, just return the old module, this was a failed upgrade, needs a lot of development, at least launch it in Beta and do not force clients to switch to it until you have tested it.
As always, I hope you consider your community opinion.