Hi All, A few brief comments on the new ShiftPlanning. I tried to do this in feedback but it limited the text amount.
Comparing the position view, 4 weeks, all locations / positions to the classic ShiftPlanning Overview.
1. In overview mode the new shiftplanning takes up way more space and gives less information. Here are several examples:
2. You can no longer see the times for the shift. Only by switching to a shorter time period (i.e. going from the 4 week view to the 2 week view) can you now see the times. Instead you see elipses. It looks like the boxes are larger with similar font size, but less info is given. Hovering over it does not show you more information either. Recommend making sure you can see the start / end times similar to to classic ShiftPlanning.
3. Same for the names - The employee names are shortened to 3 letters. Instead of cutting off the name by the end of the cell, the name only has 3 letters and ... "Kristen" becomes "Kri..." in the same space. Recommendation: cut off the name / do not use elipses. Look at the classic view and ask - does this new view remove information? If it does, it may be a hurdle to overcome.
4. There is less information on the vertical view as well - it requires more scrolling to see all the positions. Compare to the same setting in classic shiftplanning where I can see 9.5 rows (positions). In the new one I can see 7 with what looks to be the same setting.
5. Visually there is a lot of white space. Consider having more clear delineations for weeks, etc. White space can make it harder to see patterns / overview. On an individual basis it helps, but if it costs you data it may actually be a drawback.
6. It takes more mousing to get what you want. The placement of the choices for the week / position view are nice. In removing the one-click buttons and using a triangle with a drop dow list, the user now must click, mouse and select. This almost triples the user input work to make your selections. Recommend: Make it easier / less movement needed for your user - buttons. Mousing maps might help.
7. The little note pad shows up on every day on the date. This makes it look like I put a note on every day. Recommend having this only show up if there is a note placed for that day and maybe use a smaller symbol for the user to click to do the 'note adding.'
8. I tried to leave feedback on the drop down, but it cut off. Don't limit text as you might miss something valuable.
9. Some shifts in this view have a little arrow circle. I am not sure what that means.
In the individual shift view (when you are editing a shift): at first glance - way too many clicks to expand views.
- Can the user set theirs to default to expanded? I could not figure it out. For the ones I tests, I had to expand the "see all # employees," plus expand the triangle lists for who was on vacation, overlapping, unavailable.
Very brief overview. Hope that helps.